Document imaging offers immense benefits. Here is a look at the top 3 benefits of imaging your documents.
We talk a lot on our blog about the benefits of setting up regular shredding service to destroy any documents and data you’ve collected. It’s a major step in protecting your home, business and/or customers from a breach or other security hack.
While paper shredding services like those offered by Legal Shred are still a very important part of compliance and safety, we can’t neglect to mention the efficiencies that modernizing your operations and converting to a digital world can have on overall processes, productivity and security.
Document imaging in a literal description, is the conversion of paper files and documents into images that are uploaded. An image of the document is scanned then stored in a safe location. The process offers immense benefits.
Here is a look at the top 3 benefits of imaging your documents.
- Save Space – It’s about time you freed up valuable real estate around your home or office and cleared out clutter in desks and file cabinets stuffed with papers. After you’ve properly scanned, removed and destroyed these papers, instead of stuffing them again with new documents, take inventory and decide what functions can go into a digital format. You’ll be surprised how much more storage space you’ll gain for other business needs.
- Faster Access – While you’re making more space around your home or office, you’ll also find that having your documents in digital format can create a smoother process for accessing the information when you need it. Instead of having to sift through a sea of files, you can quickly locate, update, save and disseminate information as needed.
- Better Security – The final and perhaps most important aspect of imaging your documents is the security benefits you gain. When you no longer have a bunch of papers floating around the office that can be accidentally taken, misplaced or tossed in a regular waste bin, you’ll instead have one central location that you protect and monitor to ensure only those authorized to view the documents has access to them.
We understand how important security is becoming for data today. If you’d like to discuss this topic further or need assistance with paper shredding and information destruction, give Legal Shred a call today!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- 3 Types of Shredding Services for Your Identity Protection Needs
- Dangers of Lithium Batteries and How to Properly Dispose
- Strip-cut Shredding vs. Cross-Cut: What’s the Difference?